Steak w/ Thyme ButterAdmin
Steak w/ Thyme Butter
- Steak this recipe is flexible and can work with just about any cut; filet mignon to ribeye
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil per steak
- 2 tbsp of butter per steak
- 3 springs of fresh thyme per steak
- 1 tbsp kosher salt per steak
- 1 tbsp pepper per steak
- 1 tbsp garlic powder per steak
- more fresh thyme for garnish
- Season steak on both sides with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Sear steak 3 minutes per side (less if it’s a thinner cut). Reduce heat and melt butter in the skillet, adding the thyme springs. Spoon butter mixture over the steaks.
- Pop skillet in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes depending on desired temperature. Spoon butter mixture over steaks again before serving and garnish with more fresh thyme if desired.