Steak and Brie CrostinisAdmin
Steak and Brie Crostinis
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 wheel of brie
- 1 can jellied cranberry sauce
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut baguette into thin medallions from tip to tip. Drizzle slices with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, then arrange in a flat layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Coat steak with remaining olive oil and season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sear in a skillet for two to three minutes per side; let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice wheel of brie into thin, long pieces that will fit on the crostinis (slice around the circle like you are cutting cake pieces).
- Construct the appetizer: Put a smear of cranberry sauce directly onto the crostini, then layer a slice of brie, then place a slice of steak, then spread one more dollop of cranberry sauce, then garnish with a fresh parsley leaf.