- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil plus more
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup pico de Gallo For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cup mayo
- 2 tbsp juice from jar of pickled jalapenos
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapenos diced
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1 dash cayenne optional
- Combine sour cream, mayo, jalapeno juices, diced jalapenos, sugar, cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and onion salt in a blender and blend. Add cayenne to the sauce if you want a kick to your burgers.
- Serve as a drizzle on your burger or on the side as a dip!
- Combine beef, garlic powder, chili powder, jalapeno, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix until ingredients are integrated (but not too hard) and then form into 4 thin burger patties.
- Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and cook each patty to your preferred temperature. Pour out fat and oil when done.
- Heat another tablespoon of vegetable oil in skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low. Lay a tortilla on the oil; add a generous pinch of cheese and lettuce on top. The tortilla should be face down for two minutes.
- Lay a burger patty on the cheese and lettuce and then top with more cheese, pico de gallo and a drizzle of sauce. Top with tortilla and flip burger after the two minutes is over; remove burger from heat after the other side has cooked for two minutes.
- Repeat with remaining three burgers and enjoy!