Holiday Steak PinwheelsAdmin
Holiday Steak Pinwheels
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- jar of fig preserves
- crumbled blue cheese to taste
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- Cover skirt steak in saran wrap and pound thin on a cutting board with a meat mallet or the back of a frying pan. Tenderize until evenly thin.
- Cut steak into two halves. For each half, season all over with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and sear steak 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with second half of steak (this ensures you don’t overcrowd your skillet by trying to sear it all at once).
- Let steak cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, unroll crescent dough and pull apart into two rectangles.
- Spread fig preserve in an even layer over rectangle. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese to taste over the preserves.
- Slice or shred apart the steak into small, coin-sized pieces and place across the rectangle in an even layer.
- Roll the rectangle from the short end in a tight spiral -- as if you were rolling up a sleeping bag. Wrap the resulting log in saran wrap and chill for 15 minutes. Repeat steps 4 through 7 with the remaining three rectangles.
- Cut each log into 4 slices and lay flat-side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 12 minutes, or until the crescent rolls turn golden brown.